Kihon (Basics): is the technique of body movement, punches, kicks, blocks, stances and strikes.
Kata (Form): – Sequences comprised of punches, kicks, blocks, strikes and stances. These get sequentially more difficult.
Kumite(sparring): is working with partners in class to use and learn the applications of the basic techniques in regard to distance and timing, in a controlled environment. All Kumite (sparring) is closely supervised and under supervision by the instructor.
– Builds up to free fighting
- Sanbon kumite – 3 step Sparring
- Kihon Ippon kumite – 1 step sparring (basic form)
- Jiyu Ippon kumite – semi free sparring (introduction to freestyle sparring)
- Jiyu Kumite – freestyle sparring (most complex and challenging form of fighting)
You must wear compulsory safety equipment, which includes: